B.Psych (Hons) Univ of Wollongong, Master of Clinical Psychology Univ of Wollongong
Registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Member of the Australian Psychological Society
Member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association.
Member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science
Fiona approaches her work with clients in a genuine and non-judgmental manner, and is committed to helping client achieve their goals and improve their wellbeing. She has practised psychology in both inpatient and outpatient settings and her clinical experience includes:
• Co-developing and delivering groups for depression, anxiety and psychosis at St John of God Healthcare
• A DBT program for mental health problems;
• Treatment of individuals with chronic pain at the Pain Management Centre at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital;
• Therapy for individuals with personality disorders at Northfields Clinic; and
• Providing therapy to clients with a variety of clinical presentations in several private practice locations in Sydney and Wollongong.
Fiona has completed advanced training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and has completed specialised training and supervision in Schema Therapy.
She has a special interest in working with clients with longstanding psychological difficulties, including chronic anxiety and depression, emotional regulation problems, relationship difficulties and Borderline Personality Disorder.
Fiona is passionate about teaching and academia and currently lectures and teaches at the University of Wollongong. She is currently completing a PhD in psychology - researching ways to improve the training of student psychologists
Copyright 2018 Kirrawee Family Medical Practice rev.30/07/2018